1. This group is for FUN, FANS and FRIENDS to make memories enjoying COOL CARS. If you want to win a race every week, are worried about finishing positions and nitpicky rules get into a weekly series. Most of our drivers just want to "Have some fun and put em back on the trailer in one piece" Think hard about getting involved with us, be sure we are for you. This is about having fun....period. Over competitive drivers tearing up cars is not fun or what we are about. YES we actually RACE but with respect for cars and drivers.
2. Driver is responsible for up to date safety equipment. Follow all track rules. Full containment seat and head and neck restraints highly recommended. Safety First! NO EXCUSES!
DRIVERS MUST USE A RACECEIVER RADIO DURING RACES TO HEAR THE RACE DIRECTOR.
3. Park together on race day, greet your competitors, help each other out, don't be a jerk.
4. No Contact allowed. Over aggressive driving will not be tolerated. Respect each other ON and OFF the TRACK or find another place to race. Its that simple, get along or go along.
5. Avoid drama at all cost, forgive your competitors for on track incidents. work it out like adults. If you OR your crew are willing to argue, cuss, insult or want to fight someone over on track incidents we are not for you. Stuff will happen, we are all human, forgive and forget. Don't complain to the racemaster or track officials. Play nice or play elsewhere.
6. This is not a beginner class, these are real race cars racing dangerously fast. You must have previous racing or on track experience to race with us. First time drivers to the group or track may be asked to start in the rear.
7. Rules and race day procedures may vary weekly, you must attend the track drivers meeting and the VVR meeting to follow to draw race line up pills and race info.Meetings are MANDATORY for the SAFETY of everyone. If you miss a drivers meeting you will start in the rear and can still win but will not receive points for the race. A team member can attend and draw a pill for starting position but season points will not be awarded for the race.
8. PUT ON A SHOW FOR THE FANS ! No stinking up the show, please mix it up. Have fun! The fans want to see a good show, let’s try to be that show! A show they’ll remember and want to be a part of. MIRRORS are allowed for SAFETY and to help with the show. DO NOT run away from the field when leading and DO NOT block using your mirror. If your blocking you don't get what this is all about.
9. Know your place in the field, with fast and slower cars in the field respect others on the track. Get out of the way for cars racing for position and respect lap cars. If you are having car issues or slow, starting in the rear is a respectable thing to do.
10. Passing lap cars should usually be done on the outside. This is a suggestion and not a rule that should be discussed in every drivers meeting. Different tracks have different scenarios and preferred racing line. Some drivers feel comfortable riding the rim high and staying out of the way. Holding a steady line is most important for all drivers. This will be discussed at every track in every meeting to ensure safety.
1. Pre 1980 Body with minimum of stock roof and rear quarters. Must be cool!
2. Full perimeter chassis manufactured in or before 2010. NO OFFSET CHASSIS
3. Minimum weight of 3150lbs with driver after races.
4. Any motor,carb,trans combo
5. Race fuel or Pump gas only
6. Any shocks allowed
7. Tires- for the remainder of 2023 Sportsman Cars and Truck - USED TIRES ONLY
They must be Hoosier F-45s or F-50's
Or The McCreary JMRW4
These are the most common Late Model tires that are run at Virginia tracks and what most of us have access to for free/cheap.
You cannot buy tires on race day, any used tires in question will be not be allowed at the discretion of the racemaster that day. If you are not sure talk to someone before practices. Ask around, LMSC guys give them away every day. This rule is made to save cost and even the field. If you have new tires run them in good before race day, nobody wants to see them. The majority of teams are getting LMSC pull offs. Lets all work together to at least make it look like we are all on the same stuff.
Tire Soaking- Go for it! Totally ok if one of the 3 tires above for 2023
1. Pre 1975 bodies with stock roof. Fiberglass replica bodies ok.
2. Chassis must be manufactured in 2010 or prior.
3. Minimum weight of 2600lbs after race
4. Any motor,carb,trans combo
5. race fuel or pump gas only.
6. any shocks allowed.
7. Offset chassis or modifieds with full bodies can join this class but will be scored as modified and not a sportsman car.
8.Tires- USED TIRES ONLY, any 10" racing tire. Ask around, LMSC guys give them away every day. This rule is made to save cost and even the field. Tire soaking allowed.
Wins- Previous race winners will start in the rear of the field at the track of the win. If a car wins 3 races in a season. a small bounty or prize will be posted on that car. With the traveling teams joining us from a afar, scattered tracks and schedules we will not penalize a car for wins for the 2023 season.
1. $15,000-------------------- ?? seriously we have no such rule but there is no reason these cars should cost much more. Race ready cars start about 7k. Of coarse you get what you pay for.